If you’re interested in job security, flexibility, and great pay, you’ll be glad to know that dental assistants are in demand. In fact, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that this field is expected to grow 11 percent in the next decade, which is much faster than other occupations. Not to mention that dental assisting school allows you to do much more than you might imagine! At Assist To Succeed, our staff is thrilled to introduce our new assisting program and can’t wait to help you find career success in this exciting field. Keep reading to learn more about the course and the many different career doors it can open. We look forward to meeting you!
Complete Dental Assisting School In Just 10 Saturdays
One of the challenges people face when starting a new career is finding the time to complete coursework, particularly if you’re already busy working another job during the week. At Assist To Succeed, we’ve designed our program with busy students in mind, enabling you to learn everything you need for a new career in just 10 consecutive Saturdays.
Scheduled from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (with one hour for lunch), the course includes a total of 40 hours of classroom instruction and 40 hours of hands-on clinical instruction. In just 10 weeks, you’ll get a solid foundation in each of the following areas:
- Introduction to dental assisting
- Four-handed dentistry techniques
- Amalgam and composite fillings
- Cements and liners
- Oral surgery
- Dental crowns and bridges
- Endodontic procedures (root canals)
With the comprehensive training you’ll get during the course, you’ll be well-equipped for dental assisting – and so much more.
What Are Your Career Options After Dental Assisting School?
Here are just some of the career paths that will be open to you after completing the program:
- Certified Dental Assistant – After completing the course, you’ll be in a great position to assist dentists in all the day-to-day aspects of patient care.
- Expanded Function Dental Assistant (EFDA) – Certified dental assistants with at least two years of experience are eligible for additional training to become an EFDA. This allows them to handle expanded functions such as placing dental sealants and fillings (after the teeth have been prepared by a dentist).
- Dental Assistant Instructor – Once you’ve gained plenty of experience as a dental assistant, you can teach other prospective students everything they need to know to be successful as well.
- Dental Office Business Team Administrator – Many dentists prefer to hire administrative staff who have experience as assistants because they already have all the knowledge they need to handle scheduling, patient interaction, insurance claims and more.
- Dental Sales Representative – Dental sales reps make sure that dentists have all the supplies, equipment, and technology they need to provide great patient care.
- Dental Hygienist or Dentist – Degree programs for hygienists and dentists are competitive. Having previous experience as an assistant gives you a real edge in the application process.
- Dental Consultant – Consultants provide invaluable insight and recommendations to dentists who are looking to improve their practice.
While other professions are stagnant, the field of dentistry is exciting and in demand. And becoming a dental assistant is the perfect opportunity to get started!
About Assist To Succeed
At Assist To Succeed, our friendly group of instructors includes both dentists and dental assistants who have decades of experience and an undeniable passion for what they do. Our students get an outstanding education from professionals who have a track record of academic and clinical excellence. If you have any questions about the course or want to reserve a spot, contact us anytime via our website.