Dentist – Colorado Springs
Get to Know Your Dental Assisting Teacher
Dr. Gasper has truly gone above and beyond when it comes to his field. As someone with over three decades of experience practicing dentistry, it’s even more reassuring to see him continue his education and advanced training in a wide variety of specialty subjects. Keep reading below to learn more about his background as well as how he has helped so many people transform smiles and improve their quality of life!
What Do You Enjoy Most About Being a Dentist?
Dr. Gasper not only has a passion for creating well-balanced faces and beautiful smiles, but teaching dental professionals how to do so as well. In his mind, every patient deserves an outstanding level of clinical care and an exceptional dental care experience. His dedication towards these values began as a dentist, but continues as a teacher.
Where Did You Study Dentistry?
Dr. Gasper’s education began at Louisiana State University, where he earned his Bachelor of Arts in Biology in 1974. He would then attend Xavier University to earn his Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy. His dental education began at the LSU School of Dentistry, where he would earn his Doctor of Dental Surgery. He also became a licensed pharmacist in the state of Colorado. Following his academic education, he became a member of the following dental organizations:
- American Dental Association
- Colorado Dental Association
- Colorado Springs Dental Society
- International Association for Orthodontics (previously president)
What Does Your Advanced Training Cover?
Dr. Gasper has spent time at many of the leading dental institutions in the world. These courses cover a wide range of subjects and specialties. To learn more about the many advanced training courses Dr. Gasper has completed, take a look below:
- Several Advanced Orthodontic/TMJ courses at the Mid America Orthodontic Society
- Course 1 and Course 2 in Occlusion from the Pankey Institute
- Neuromuscular Implant Dentistry and Bone Grafting through the Las Vegas Institute
- CEREC Digital Technology Crown Design and CAD/CAM Fabrication at the Southwest Center for Advanced Clinical Studies
- More than 1000 hours in advanced training in modern functional orthodontics for children, orthodontics and nonsurgical correction of TMH dysfunction – treatment of which helps those suffering from migraine headaches and airway disorders
- Extensive Advanced Training in Implant Placement and reconstruction for replacement of single missing teeth and implants for denture secure retention
- Same-day crowns (CEREC) Digital Technology Crown Design and CAD/CAM Fabrication through the Southwest Center for Advanced Clinical Studies
- Implant Dentistry and Bone Grafting reconstruction through the Las Vegas Institute
As you get to know Dr. Gasper as an educator, you’ll find that he’s quite experienced in this role as well. He’s had the privilege and opportunity to instruct other dentists in the United States, Canada, and abroad. His specialties include modern functional orthodontic techniques, facial growth and development, and the treatment for airway disorders and of the TMJ for general dentists and specialists.